In Denmark, two minors and an adult were killed in a shooting at a Copenhagen shopping mall. The perpetrator is a 22-year-old Dane, who apparently has mental problems. On the war in Ukraine, the last major Ukrainian-held city in the eastern province of Lugansk has fallen, handing Moscow a historic victory in its campaign to capture the mineral-rich Donbass region that borders Russia. and that has long been in the sights of President Vladimir Putin. In Spain, the Popular Party displaces the PSOE from first place after the Andalusian elections: the overwhelming victory in the Andalusian regional elections has provided more fuel for the PP, which, for the first time this year, surpasses the Socialists in voting intention before hypothetical general elections, this time by 1.1 points, and the whole of the right very close to the absolute majority. New information about the death of guerrilla fighter Iván Márquez indicates that the attack did not occur near the Colombian border but in El Callao, a town closer to Guyana. “If the information is true, the alleged perpetrators of the attack should have had the approval of the Venezuelan authorities to reach almost the center of that country and carry out the operation,” said a Colombian official. After hours of negotiations (and many refused to take the Ministry of Economy in Argentina), Vice President Cristina Kirchner imposed Silvina Batakis as a substitute for Martín Guzmán. Although she has said that she will respect the agreement with the IMF, there is no doubt that the new minister is more to the left in the government of Alberto Fernández.
- Two minors and an adult were killed in a shooting at a Copenhagen shopping mall. Two 17-year-olds and one 47-year-old were killed during the shooting at the Fields Mall on Sunday night, police said: Four people remain in critical condition, police said. The police investigation indicates that there was only one person responsible for the shooting, who was arrested shortly after the shooting. He is a 22-year-old Dane who apparently has mental problems. The incident occurred in the vicinity of a concert inside the shopping center that was planned to be attended by a large young audience and that was finally canceled after the attack.
- As the city of Lysychansk falls, Ukraine’s last hope falls in Luhansk. The New York Times highlights that the last major city held by Ukraine in the hotly contested eastern province of Luhansk has fallen, military officials from both sides said on Sunday, handing Moscow a historic victory in its campaign to capture Ukraine. the Donbass, the mineral-rich region that borders Russia and has long been in the sights of President Vladimir Putin. The industrial city of Lysychansk, on a rise overlooking the Siversky Donets River, had held out for a week after Russia seized control of Sievierodonetsk, its twin city across the river. But when Russia flooded Lysychansk with artillery fire and strangled its supply lines, taking advantage of months of shelling and weeks of fierce street fighting that reduced both cities to grayish husks, the Ukrainian defenders were forced to retreat. On the other hand, the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelensky, warned the Belarusian head of state, Alexander Lukashenko, not to drag his people into Russia’s war against Ukraine.
- The PP displaces the PSOE from first place after the Andalusian elections. The popular continue their climb, with Vox down, and exceed the PSOE by one point, according to the July barometer of EL PAÍS and SER: the overwhelming victory in the Andalusian elections has provided more fuel to the PP, which, for the first time Once this year, it surpasses the Socialists in voting intention before a hypothetical general election. July barometer 40dB. for EL PAÍS and Cadena SER, it places the popular 1.1 points ahead of the socialists, and the right-wing group is very close to the absolute majority. The gradual advance that the popular have been experiencing after the replacement of Pablo Casado by Alberto Núñez Feijóo drags as a secondary effect a downward trend of Vox, which today would hardly improve its 2019 results.
- Didn’t he die at the border? New hypothesis about the supposed fall of Iván Márquez. Luciano Marín Arango, alias Iván Márquez, would have died in an attack in the state of Apure, located on the border between Venezuela and Colombia. That was the version that gained strength over the weekend, when it became known that intelligence sources were verifying the death of the head of the Second Marquetalia. However, yesterday a new hypothesis of the place of death emerged, after a report from the Venezuelan authorities was known, in which they assure that the attack would have occurred 25 kilometers from a small town called El Callao, very distant from the border. with Columbia. “If the information is true, the alleged perpetrators of the attack should have had the approval of the Venezuelan authorities to reach almost the center of that country and carry out the operation,” an official with knowledge of the matter explained.
- An indigenous leader who denounced the blood gold of Chavismo and its alliance with Colombian guerrillas is assassinated. A hitman kills Virgilio Trujillo Arana with two bullets, at the head of the territorial guardians of the Sipapo River, in the Venezuelan Amazon: “We are territories of life, without territories we disappear. We defend our territories, those that our ancestors left us. And so we go to continue, no matter what happens. The territory is our life for future generations”. A hitman and two bullets will prevent the indigenous leader Virgilio Trujillo Arana, in charge of the territorial guardians of the Sipapo River, in the Venezuelan Amazon, from being able to continue his mission, whose legacy has been recorded on video. His murder has put an end to one of the strongest voices that had been raised against the illegal mining of blood gold and the complicity between the Chavista regime and the Colombian guerrillas of the National Liberation Army (ELN) and the dissidents of the FARC. All this in a lawless territory, comprised of the Venezuelan states of Amazonas and Bolívar, theater of operations for the military, guerrillas, mafia gangs known as “unions” and Brazilian garimpeiros. Even Bolivarian leaders have their own mines, guarded by Venezuelan soldiers or Colombian elenos.
Cristina Kirchner imposed Silvina Batakis as Minister of Economy. Martín Guzmán’s replacement worked alongside Wado de Pedro: after hours of insistence by his closest collaborators, and pressure from leaders of all sectors of the Front for All, Alberto Fernández locked himself in his office in Olivos , after 8 pm, and called Cristina Kirchner. When they cut, from the fifth presidential they announced Silvina Batakis as the new Minister of Economy, a decision that satisfied the former president and that on Sunday night was not enough to quench the very serious political and economic crisis in which the government was immersed after the resignation of Martín Guzmán and the internship without pause between the ruling couple. Batakis was as Secretary of Provinces of the Ministry of the Interior, she was Daniel Scioli’s Buenos Aires official, at the end of 2015 she was rescued by Kirchnerism, she has a good relationship with Cristina Kirchner, she adheres to the ideas of the Patria Institute.